This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  FontArk-editor 8 years, 7 months ago.

• Author
     Choz-Cunningham 
    Participant

I made an ‘S’ and it worked fine. However, when I moved to the ‘T’ the draw tool would only leave red dots, unconnected. IF I continued to try and repeat the action, then I would get strange lines offset from where I was drawing. I then tried ‘I’ and got the same dots. When I try to remove the dots, I am unable to do so.

Any idea what step I am missing or overlooking? That I got the ‘S’ perfect leaves me only more confused.

Choz-Cunningham 
    Participant

Choz-Cunningham 
    Participant

FontArk-editor 
    Keymaster

From what I see in the pics it might just be the Outline-width set too thin.
    You can see that the Outline-width slider on the bottom of the right panel is set to 1, try increasing it and see if it the Outline’s strokes grow.

troyhen 
    Participant

I’m having a similar problem. But no matter what I draw, no matter what letter I am editing, no matter what the outline width is set to, I only get dots. I’ve tried both Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge with the same results. To me it looks like this program doesn’t work at all. But why are others not getting the same results?

troyhen 
    Participant

FontArk Failure to Draw

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by  troyhen.
     troyhen 
    Participant

I figured out my problem. Nowhere in your instructions does it say how to end a path when drawing. But it is VERY important to click the end point a second time. This properly ends the path and lets the program draw it. If you click anywhere else, such as on a tool, the path does not get created properly and you are left with only red dots which cannot be selected or deleted. It seems like you should make this clear in your instructions. And you should also fix the bug that creates the red dots which cannot be deleted.

FontArk-editor 
    Keymaster

Oh, Thanks for pointing this out. Indeed many people don’t figure out right away how to end a path.
    One of the reasons we’re still in beta phase is the lack of decent instructions for the tool, we will definitely make this clear pretty soon.
    Please send me a private message here if you’d like me to demonstrate you in person (by screen-sharing) all the important stuff about Fontark. I’ll do it gladly.
    Thanks!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2024 FontArk.net Advanced online font editor font creator

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account