This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  FontArk-editor 7 years, 5 months ago.

• Author
     dreadofmondays 
    Participant

Is there any particular reason the matrix is locked to 7×7? I am trying to build a font to display the following characters:
    http://puu.sh/sqHET/16aacbde64.png
    These use a grid of 9×11. I decided to use fontark because of the fancy features you tout, but I guess what i’m trying to do is impossible on this platform because you decided to limit the matrix to 3×3 and 7×7.

Guess I’ll use birdfont. It’s slow, full of bugs, lacking features, wholy inferior to fontark in many ways, and yet it’s the tool that can actually get the job done…

filing this under ‘yet again programs trying to be too smart for their own good’

FontArk-editor 
    Keymaster

Hi, The Matrix is limited to 7×7 due to performance limitations, yet in most cases this is more than enough (for instance in your characters example I see no need for more than 6 Matrix lines).

The Matrix don’t have to hold all the path’s Nodes and can differ from glyph to glyph. It doesn’t function as a Grid (There is a regular, snapable and configurable Grid in addition to the Matrix).

If you’d like to I will gladly show you how to work with it, it’s like nothing out there.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2024 FontArk.net Advanced online font editor font creator

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account